February 29, 2008

You Don't Know Me

Out of the dark of the crowd, she steps towards me. I notice her, but I go on dancing, thinking she won't mind me. She caught my gaze, and is now standing right in front of me, looking me right in the eyes. Before I realize, she's dancing in sync with me, moving up closer and closer. As she starts rubbing and grinding against me, leaning up close, I try to say something, but the words won't come out. She whispers in my ear: "I like your perfume.", and before I get a chance to say anything back, she starts kissing my neck. I know I should say something, but I can't find the words to say anything, and besides, we're now lips together, kissing like we've known each other forever.
The rush is so great... we reach the room, and start to cuddle, and caress, never even once stopping to say anything... to ask anything. It all comes so naturally. Do I know her? Did I meet her before? As the lazy and wet summer clothes fly off of us, we drift further into our own silence. I don't need to say anything, and she doesn't either. We match so well... Our rhythm is the same, no dissonance, no error or fault. We fit together like hand and glove, and although I've just met her, it all feels so right.
Enjoying each other, till the end, we curl up together, and look at the ceiling. What would I say? What would be appropriate?
As I get up and head for the shower, I mean to turn back, look at her, and at least tell her my name... but it would feel so wrong... washing up, I think about what I should say, and a plan forms up in my mind... only to vanish without a trace when I find her standing outside the bathroom, tying up her hair, and glaring up into my eyes. In a faint voice she asks me if I'm done. I nod, and walk past, having forgotten all I was about to say.
I lay on the bed and listen to the sound of the water, knowing it's her, bathing... and it somehow soothes me... I fall asleep...
Waking up to the sun on my face, I yawn, and stretch, and remember the night before... I come to the realization, that it was so close to perfect; I just... I just don't even know her name, and she's already left...

No comments: