November 4, 2007

Let Go

I don't know how or why, but everytime I gain somethig, there's always a song that I notice for the first time on that day. I might have heard it before, but it never felt quite right, probably. So it was today, once again.

It was a really hard day, given it was a Sunday. I had to wake up at 7 (which is totally inhuman by my standards, not to mention for a week-end), to prepare a training I was to hold for some 20 Medicine students. All and all, the best part of it was, this was my first training for a real live audience.

Turns out, that it went better than expected. All the feedback was positive, everybody was happy, and that made me in turn very satisfied. So _yes_ it was worth the shorter sleep. Sleep is overrated, anyway.

But that wasn't all. Two hours out of the training, I was about to teach something else. It was set that I was to introduce a girl to parkour. It was not going to be the first time I did this (she's the 3rd, actually), but the weather was a bit cloudy and I had doubts she would pull it together and show up.

She did show up, and to the surprise of everybody training today, she performed far better than expected and left a very good impression. Time will tell how she will do, and I can only hope that she will keep her interest, for she shows real promise.

I know this post is less like the others, but this time it had to be more personal. This song was the song of my day. And thus it shall go down as: the joy of teaching others, the fullfillment of being good for the benefit of not only yourself but also of others. And it's not totally altruism, because it makes me feel good everytime (telling somebody that one time before yielded the title of 'hedonist' on me).


No comments: