November 11, 2007

Beautiful Worlds

Another day I've decided to mark with a song. I've known this particular tune for quite some time now, but it never made so much sense till now. The feeling is exhilarating...

You sacrifice time, money, and willpower... You put them all into helping others. And you know, in time you will get back ten-fold. Where will you be when it all comes back to you? Give joy. Make somebody's day. Be there for them. And they will surely apreciate. Be somebody's shoulder to cry on. Give a hug to someone who's sad. Be a friend.

This last weekend, was marked by the Local Training Seminar in AIESEC Iasi. It's not my first time, which makes it even more special. Because this time around, I could apreciate it for what it truly holds. It's been a year. And I haven't grown older. I've grown wiser. All the new faces around me must have looked just like I did one year past. At points, discussion got pretty emotional. Because we came to certain realisations that were not kind. Growing up is not kind. You don't choose to grow. You're forced into it. And as you struggle upwards you need to pick a path. And whatever path you take, life drags you after it. You can't stop, stand and stare. It all rushes past you, picks you up and throws you further. You're a straw in a wild bending stream.

What makes each of our flows special must be our approach. The bends we take along the way, and the other straws we touch. The nudges we give them into one direction or another. Because when your turn comes to fall into the ocean, all that will be left of you, will be the peers you've influenced.

I've met a lot of great people, and found out that people I've known for a year are great, even though I never got the chance to apreciate them for what they are. Now I know what the speaches we were given last year ment. Because I felt the same about the newies as did the oldies of me back in the day. AIESEC Iasi has a great future ahead. And I plan to be a part of it for as long as I can.

So that's what this song means to me... Determination, perseverence, motivation, reaching higher, and higher, without any limit. Because your bounds are your own, and where you stop is a matter of choice, not potential.


2 comments:

alexandra said...

hey kid! i like the way u write and ur music :) poate iesim la un ceai zilele astea sa catch up!

Unknown said...

Hi I am SK. Its really good site for beautiful photo and knowledge.... Beautiful Worlds