December 11, 2008

To the Moon and Back

Every evening, every morning... day and night in between, i see people going about their lives, oblivious to my presence. We all wonder around, searching for things that are right in front of us. I can't even recall the last time I saw somebody smile on their own on the subway.

Don't people have fond memories anymore nowadays? What happened to your dreams? What happened to mine? It takes but a gust of wind to carry a scent that rouses the memory. I often find myself smiling. Out of nowhere... Out of nowhere to others, for inside me, something stirred by some distant omen.

What made this world so cold, so careless? Why have our souls darkened? Have we forgotten how to smile? Is there something that keeps us from being happy?

For all the kicks I've been getting these last few months, there is a lot to my life that makes it worth smiling for. I've been waiting for somebody to smile with me...

Savage Garden - To the Moon and Back

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D

Kami said...

It's obvious you have not seen me in the subway :)
I often find myself smiling, especially in there. Maybe it's because it reminds me of how precious life is and how we seem to forget about it. It's funny how people look at you when you smile, like you are coming from a different planet.
"Live long and prosper" my friend. ^-^