August 5, 2008

Perfect Time of Day

I've come to a realisation given the recent flow of events and the fact that I nearly died twice in the last couple of months. I've been spending too much time concerning myself with plans for the next 10, 20, 30 years. Truth of the matter is, I've been setting stuff aside, because I want to have a secure future. But I've just recently thought: if I die today, would I be happy with what I've done? Am I having as much fun as I'd like to?

I'm gonna start doing some stuff people will think are unlike me. Because I've challenged myself with this: "stop caring what others think, start doing what you want". Why? Because my left palm has a really short lifeline drawn on it. I'm not particularly superstitious, but I don't wanna give it the slightest chance. I wanna do all I can, so when that day comes, I'll go with a smile on my face.

There's no way of buying time. You can work your time away for money, but in the end, you're just gonna be in a suit surrounded by wood lying six feet under with all your silver pilfered to the four winds. So what did you waste your life on? I love my work, and that's what kept me going the past two months. But now, I feel that, with a new job and leaving the past 4 years of my life behind, I'm starting anew. I wanna make this life the one I wish for, and the one I know that I deserve.

I don't have time to plan, I don't have time to regret. Not anymore. From now on, the present moment takes precedence to all other cares and worries. Past and future will play the background of a brilliant present. There are many ways of having your plans turned upside down, so why bother?

Howie Day - Perfect Time of Day

No comments: